A fireplace equipped with gas log provides innumerable advantages over conventional options. Gas is a cleaner source of energy. It put on more heat and that is it what makes it the most preferred heating solutions for modern homes. However, when you are planning to purchase the best gas log fireplace then you must be aware of a few things. Are you wondering what these are and how they can be beneficial in simplifying your search? Read on to know more:
1. Determine the Type of Gas Log Fireplace
Like other common fireplaces, even gas log is available in two types, based on the source of energy. These are:
- Natural Gas: The natural gas is lighter and cleaner fuel, which complies with common local code requirements. Still, before installing them, it is wise to analyze these codes and then decide whether it will be suitable for the purpose or not.
- Propane: Known to burn three times better than natural gas due to the rich amount of carbon, propane is another excellent option to consider. It must be noted that liquid propane is generally heavier than that of natural gas.
Understanding the type of energy that will provide fuel to the fireplace is equally important as its aesthetics or design. Therefore, do pay proper attention while choosing the best one.
2. Opting for Vent or Ventless Fireplaces
The gas logs present in fireplace are separated into ventless or vented styles. The choice for the perfect one is influenced by several factors:
- Ventless: These are unique style of gas logs that produce minimal or no exhaust. Their operation is similar to that of the gas stove or heater and the best part about them is the high output of heat. With such designs, almost 99% of the heat produced gets circulated across the rooms rather than escaping through the chimneys.
- Vented: The vented styles appear like traditional logs of wood, yet have the ability to offer clean and efficient heat. The main value of these styles lies in their realistic appeal, where the rich yellow flames coming from the gas log fireplace create an illusion of the contemporary wood fireplaces.
3. Consider the Size of The Fireplace
You need to obtain the dimensions of the area where you want to install the fireplace beforehand. This will help you in examining the options you have and will allow you to choose the ultimate one for your home.
To determine the size of the fireplace you have to:
- Analyze the space and the area of the house where you want to install the fireplace
- Measure the dimensions of that particular area accurately, and
- Consider how you want the fireplace to fit in
4. Get More Information on Energy Efficiency Ratings
Every gas log fireplace comes with an efficiency rating. This rating is used to understand how eco-friendly and energy-saving the fireplaces are. Without a doubt, gas is one of the most efficient options in comparison to wood or other alternatives, yet their efficiency is taken to the next level with the incorporation of advance technology and high-quality systems.
5. Choose the Fireplace That Meets the Demands of Your Budget
At last, never forget to consider the budget that you have. Because at the end of the day, you have to make sure that, the fireplace that you select is of high quality and reasonable, as well. For this, you can look for various professional companies who have the reputation of offering premium fireplaces at value for money prices.
Make a note of the five simple, quick, and easy tips and you will be able to unleash the gas log fireplace of your dreams in no time.