Besides having a dog as a pet, individuals often befriend cats for the personality they have. Your cat is an animal that’d prefer seclusion and sleep most of the time but when it’s hungry it can put your head over heels. Belonging to the Felidae family it believes in the Darwinian motto of killing, eating and surviving. But your cat is a well-behaved one, it asks for food to you. Like dogs, cats too have unique taste buds. Unlike dog’s cats are usually very demanding and ferocious in nature and therefore you need to treat it with healthy cat treats. This doesn’t only include milk and fish but also other food items that contain adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals which not only fills them but caters to their taste buds.
What is Healthy Cat Treats?
Healthy cat treats are basically those foods that contain protein, vitamins, minerals and fewer amounts of fillers like corns, the lesser amount of added preservatives, chemicals, salt and sugar.
Homemade Cat Treats:
- Cats are not such animals, who would like home-made foods much, but a little cheese does the trick with your cat.
- You can bake softy-chewy items that’ll make your cat wag its tail.
- Cookie made out of flour is another of such recipes that will make your cat adore you
- Sardines and other fishes are rich in omega contents and are therefore considered to be a good cat food.
- At times brown rice with milk can serve as a healthy and tasty dinner. This even prevents stomach upset.
- Meat is not all time favourites for cats but when you are cooking meat for you, you can keep a part of it for your cat.
- Oats and coconut croutons are also helpful as a cat’s diet.
Processed Cat Treats:
Since home-made foods are not enough for your cat, you can consult a proper veterinary doctor and go for processed foods. These are healthy cat treats and are meant to be given once or twice daily to the cat for bodybuilding and energy. These are easy to serve and carry. If you take your cat for a ride you can easily carry these processed foods and it will serve for both health and taste.
How to Choose Healthy Cat Treats?
- Choose a balanced diet.
- Try avoiding corn, wheat and soy as they act as fillers. Instead, you can provide whole proteins.
- Avoid foods that contain added sweeteners such as corn syrup and sugar as they might lead to diabetes and obesity.
- Pet treats use artificial preservatives but you must avoid BHA, BHT and glycerin derived from petrolatum as these are highly carcinogenic in nature.
- You should be careful about the meat so that they are not a part of a carcass or a diseased animal as this might lead to severe diseases in your cat.
- You should the avoid use of excessive sodium in food as sodium leads to a reaction in a cat’s body and results in shedding of fur.
- Along with these adequate amount of water should be given to prevent dehydration.
Why should You Give Healthy Cat Treats?
- Healthy cat treats keep your cat active.
- Prevents many diseases in your cat such as obesity, diabetes, lice in fur, indigestion, stomach upset, etc.
- It helps your cat keep high on minerals and vitamins.
- It helps to maintain furry tail and weight.
- It reduces fatty acids.
- Finally, it keeps the cat happy by satisfying it’s health needs as well as taste buds.
With healthy cat treats, you can ensure your cat requires the diet it deserves to lead a long and useful life.