The benchtop is an important feature of a modern bathroom where one or multiple sinks can be installed for washing hands and faces. Based on the materials used for manufacturing this vital bathroom item, different types of bathroom benchtops are available in the market. Bathroom benchtops made from different natural and artificial substances are preferred by the interior designers for the beneficial aspects rendered by them. Generally, the house owners want to have durability, sophistication, easy maintenance facility, and affordable prices while investing in bathrooms benchtops. Thus, they choose only those materials that can fulfill these desired criteria in their benchtops.
Highly Preferred Materials That Are Chosen for Making Bathroom Benchtops:
- Marble: The marble is a natural stone that is developed from limestone and is available in various light colors with the veins of darker shades. The bathroom benchtops made of marble render elegant and luxurious looks to the bathrooms. However, it is essential to seal the marble benchtops at regular intervals for protection against undesired stains and excess moisture in the bathrooms.
- Granite: The granite is also a naturally derived stone from the igneous rocks, which is mainly favoured for the high durability and low maintenance of its rough texture with coarse grains. There are arieties of colour shades available for the granite benchtops, due to the natural presence of both light-coloured quartz and the minerals of darker shades in the granite stones.
- Engineered stone: The artificially created engineered stone is available at much lower prices than the expensive natural stones, due to the use of cheap materials like resins, glass pieces, and seashells. Moreover, the bathroom benchtops made of these man made stones hold the similar grace of marble or granite, as too many vibrant colors and attractive designs can be created in these stones. These stones are further processed to make them resistant to all types of stains and scratches.
- Timber: The timber is a high-quality wood that gives a natural look to the bathroom when this hardwood is used for making the bathroom benchtops. It has many colors and special finishes. The timber benchtops are often preferred not only for the warm rustic appearances but also for its durability and eco-friendly nature.
- Concrete: The concrete is also an artificial material that is formed by mixing cement, sand, crushed stones and water in suitable amounts. The concrete benchtops are very long-lasting and can be of many colors, due to the possibility of mixing several colouring dyes to the concrete mixture. However, it is necessary to be careful about the stain formation on this porous surface.
- Laminate: The laminate benchtop may be a good choice for the common people due to its cheap cost It is also available in a wide range of remarkable colors, designs, and finishes. This man made product often looks like the marble or timber surfaces due to special treatment. But the laminate surfaces can be easily damaged due to excess moisture of the bathroom and are also prone to scratches.
- Ceramic: The ceramic benchtops are available in many colors and styles, giving a wider array of options for the house owners to choose from. These graceful bathroom benchtops are very easy to clean, as all cleaning agents can be safely used on these surfaces.
- Stainless steel: When a metal benchtop is preferred to be purchased for the bathroom, stainless steel is the best option. This alloy of iron and chromium is chosen for bathroom benchtops due to its high longevity, resistance to stains and ability to be cast into any shape or size.
Due to the benefits available from these materials, the above-mentioned varieties of bathroom benchtops are usually seen in common houses.