We are living in an era where stress is overtaking our lives. As we are expected to be dynamic and fast in our professional and personal lives we are somehow compromising on our health. To keep up with the pace of present lifestyle, it is important to manage once health and meditation proves as an excellent alternative to it. Meditation is an approach to train both the body and the mind. According to researches based on different levels by the scientists and healthy living practitioners, the art of meditation lies in the understanding of the values of the inner self. In the Oriental and the accidental worlds, the source and the implication of meditation and different techniques of meditation have been influential in encouraging people to leading a healthy and peaceful life.
What is the basic theory of mindfulness meditation?
People are always bogged down by unnecessary and wandering thoughts. The mindfulness meditation technique does not always allow them to bind their thoughts in a sequential order, but at least they can be aware of these thoughts. Through this meditation process people know the pattern in which their thoughts keep on moving, and through this people can judge their experiences whether good or bad. In some academic institutions and also in corporate organizations students and employees practise this kind of meditation to enhance their overall performance level.
What are the multiple benefits of meditation?
There are numerous benefits of meditation as propounded by health professionals. They can be enlisted as follows:
- Lowers blood pressure through techniques of concentration and mindfulness meditation.
- Reduces levels of cholesterol
- Lowers heart rate and induces better sleeping and monitors heart activities by keeping the heart healthy.
- Meditation is also good for the release of feel good hormones and for lowering the rate of perspiration to a large extent.
- Lowers blood cortisol levels to a large extent.
- People who go for regular forms of meditation also suffer from less anxiety, depression and they also develop a positive view about life.
In Buddhist philosophy, the entire art of meditation is based on the liberation of the mind from all the worldly attachments. The enlightened practitioner gets rid of all the worldly desires and wishes and cools down in his own recesses of the mind.
What are the best postures and techniques to be followed for meditation?
Until and unless you know the correct postures and the steps to be followed in meditation, it would be very tough for you to control the wandering thoughts through meditation. These following steps can be initiated and carried on getting the best outcomes of conscious or subconscious meditation:
- Sitting or lying comfortably is important and in this case, you can opt for a cushioned chair or a backrest to hold your shoulders and arms in proper position.
- Closing the eyes with the right kind of eye pillow or the eye mask can bring a soothing sensation to your eyes during and after meditation.
- You need to breathe in and out naturally and not make any conscious effort to breathe.
- It is important to make your inhalation important and with each breath that you take, the body movement should be proper.
You always need to consult a registered practitioner who can give you the right feedback regarding meditational techniques and the outcomes. You can now even learn the meditation techniques from social media platforms like YouTube channels. Else, you can choose a trainer who will teach you the art of meditation on a personal class basis.