An Aluminium bi-fold door is a certain kind of door which has Aluminium frames to give support to big glass panes. These doors can be opened by sliding them to fold the parts of the door towards the wall. The Aluminium Bi-fold door has a great number of advantages over simple ones:
- Partition-They act as a partition between the room and outside world. They can make movement easier between the two spaces.
- Brighter – The Aluminium bi-fold doors let fresh air come in and make the room look brighter with the help of natural light. It also makes a room look bigger, since it connects the room with outside world.
- Environment friendly – Bi-fold doors are environment friendly if they are made with best quality Aluminium and heat resistant glass.
- More impressive – Bi-fold doors are capable of making the house look more impressive, and also make the property valuable. The room attached with bi-fold door can be used for parties and family gatherings.
Tips to keep in mind while purchasing Aluminium bi-fold Doors
When purchasing an Aluminium bi-fold door for the house, one must keep the following things in mind:
- The warranty offered – This is not only applicable for the Aluminium which is used to make the frame or the glass, but it applies to the whole product. A warranty of 10- 20 years is a good deal, but anything lesser than that would be a compromise on the part of the customer. The warranty ensures that any defect will be serviced by the. A longer period of warranty offered by a company is also an indicator of them using better quality materials.
- The quality of material used to make them – A good quality aluminium frame of an aluminium bi-fold door will usually be made from prime billets, whereas, an inferior quality aluminium frame will be made of scrap. How to differentiate between a good frame and a bad one? By the texture of it. A good quality aluminium frame will have a smooth finish, but a poor quality one will have a coarse nature, and one will not feel comfortable when touching it.
- Top hung and bottom rolling – A tricky situation faced by customers would be when selecting one type between the two. One will get lots of different advice about one product being better than the other. The reasons behind selecting one over the other will also be varied. However, a smart buyer must be aware of the fact that both are equally good, and any one of the two variants of Aluminium bi-fold doors can be purchased and installed without any doubt.
- Building regulations – One must always choose Aluminium bi-fold doors which pass the rules and regulations set by the government of his country. It is extremely necessary for one to get proper papers and other documents of the door’s installation. This will be necessary as they will be passed on to next person who buys the house, it is sold.
- Weather Warranty – One has to also ensure that the Aluminium Bi-fold doors they are buying are resistant to harsh weather conditions like rains, harsh sun rays, or fast winds. A door is supposed to protect the house from harsh outside weather conditions, and the same should be mentioned in the warranty.
In the end, if you are not sure about the product then you can always search more information about it online. Bi fold doors are a good option for home interiors nowadays. Aluminum is a great metal that can withstand all weather conditions and last really long.