Eye problems have been on a rise and that is clearly evident from the fact that many children today are seen wearing one or another form of vision corrector. There are various eye conditions that exist and there are methods to deal with each situation. But if you are someone who needs to wear glasses in order to see properly then you know that the struggle of keeping them is real. The glasses not only require constant acknowledgement but also affect our looks and confidence. But there is a solution to tackle this problem and that is choosing a pair of contact lenses for your eyes. There is a wide variety of contact lenses collection that is available in the market today. With the developments in science it is easy to purchase any pair you desire with ease.
What are Contact Lenses?
A contact lens is a thin curved disk that is placed directly over the cornea. Contact lenses are known as medical devices that are worn to correct vision, or for cosmetic reasons. There are many reasons why people wear these lenses. People who do not wish to wear spectacles at all and are too worried about their overall beauty wear can wear contacts. Many wear contacts for functional and optical reason. These lenses provide better peripheral vision than the spectacles. They don’t collect moisture from condensation which is a great problem for spectacle wearers. When you wear contacts you can play a lot of outdoor sports and activities. You can wear sunglasses of your choice.
The contact lenses are categorized in different ways like primary function, work schedule, type, and replacement schedule of the lenses. Corrective contacts, cosmetic contacts and therapeutic contacts are some of the functions. These days soft lens material are preferred over all the other materials.
For What Eye Conditions can i use them?
Contact lenses can correct any condition that eye-glasses can. So, if your eye condition needs correction glasses, then contacts will work just as well. And the huge contact lenses collection has something for every eye.
- Myopia: It is also known as shortsightedness and in this condition, the person is able to see nearby objects clearly but far-off objects are harder to see. You can choose transparent curved lenses to rectify this solution.
- Hyperopia: It is the exact opposite of myopia as the patient is able to clearly see objects that are far-off but would not be able to see the nearby things. Transparent curved lenses are available to solve this issue.
- Astigmatism: If you have distorted vision which is normally caused by an imperfection in the eye curvature then you can use lenses which are made especially for such a problem.
- Presbyopia: It is the eye problem that occurs with old age due to loss of elasticity, and these lenses can help solve this problem too.
- Keratoconus: It is a disease in which the cornea comes outwards and this causes problems with vision. Lenses are used to correct the vision problem caused by this disease.
- Scarring: A corneal scar can be caused by some kind of injury or disease and can result in poor vision or total blindness and this depends on the severity of the circumstances. In case, the damage is little, lenses can be used to lead a normal life.
Another reason why one might use contact lenses is to change the color of the eyes. It is normally done to make the eyes look better or just to compliment the whole look of the person for that day. The contact lenses collection allows for you to choose from various colors that might not even occur naturally.