Many old houses have this, and yet to this day, many modern houses get this installed. We are talking about plantation shutters, which still rules the mind of home owners who believe in investment on shutters and blinds which would be efficient and really functional, durable, and also good looking. There are not just a few benefits, but a whole lot of benefits which makes them, an all-time favorite of architects, home owners and interior designers.
# Why Plantation Shutters are Deemed Effective?
Here are some of the best reasons you would like to invest in effective plantation shutters for your doors and windows:
- Aesthetic Beauty- Plantation shutters look aesthetically awesome. They impart a classy and retro look to the property, and matches with any house style. That is why whichever way you install them, they always look great and adds class. Wooden shutters are even better in look, and when you paint them white, they look neat and nice. You may also paint them in other shades in case you want to match them up with the exterior of the house.
- Ventilation and Privacy at Optimum – The best part of using plantation shutters is that they keep the natural light to flow inside, while they maintain absolute visual privacy of the people inside. They also allow in a lot of fresh air, while keeps gusts of winds from disturbing things inside, unless the wind is too strong.
- Long Life – Whether you select wooden or glass or vinyl or engineered wood shutters, plantation shutters will always last for years and would help you get complete return on investment through the years. It’s due to their long-lasting nature, that they are preferred by many.
- No Maintenance – With conventional blinds and curtains, you will have to take them down of cleaning, or take more time and care to maintain them. But with strong and hard plantation shutters; you really can go maintenance free. A simple dusting and wet cloth wipe will keep them going on and on for years, and you will never feel the hassle of maintenance and washing etc.
- Insulation and Avoiding the Glare – With the plantation shutters you can actually avoid the extreme heat and sun’s glare in the hot summers. These shutters are not only effective insulators, but also help you to keep the room cool by deflecting the sun’s heat, and thus lowering your energy bills in the peak summer months.
- Anyone Can Maneuver Them – Even kids can easily maneuver the plantation shutters, and it just takes a simple lowering or rising of the crossbar. Moreover, the kids stay safe that they have to handle the cords as in blinds, which may get a careless kid strangled. With crossbar mechanism, these shutters are really easy to raise or close.
- Helps Avoid UV Rays of The Sun and Protects Furniture – As you allow natural light, and avoid the glare of the sun, thus the harmful UV rays are avoided, and you protect your fabrics, furniture and upholstery inside. This way the effective plantation shutters protects your property insides.
- Other Uses of The Plantation Shutters – Interesting uses of the plantation shutters have been discovered by designers. Interior decorators have found that the plantation shutters are not just great to be installed on windows and doors, but also great for dividing the space, and acts well as room dividers.
You may also install the shutters as cabinet doors for such wardrobes or cabinets which can afford to get air through the door without affecting the storage.