A limited stroke linear guide that allows and supports a rigid linear motion, which is designed to be specifically suitable for linear guidance that demands a rigid and supple movement, is what defines a cross roller or a roller guide. There are different kinds of roller guides available in the market, which serve separate works, and you need to choose the best roller guide manufacturers for your own work. Firstly, you need to decide what type of work you need to do, and then you can choose the roller guide according to your working nature. In this regards, you can find some efficient roller guide manufacturer from online portals and you can also read their product features before buying.
What are the Features of Roller Guide?
They are very smooth, quiet, fast and economical. It is extremely durable. It has a lot of applications including the DNA scanners, CNC tables and drawer slides etc.
- Smooth: The load carrying balls are separated from one another and travel in a circular path. Their design is based on radial ball bearings. Also a small vibration occurs when the balls collide.
- Quiet: Linear roller guides are very quiet since their balls are separated. A nylon retainer separates the internal ball bearings from one another. This helps in reducing noise and cancels them out. Sometimes the noise gets amplified in some guide systems, when each ball collides with the next on line.
- Rugged: The bearings now come coated with rubber or other shield seals. Any debris that is caught between the wheels and tracks is cleaned and wiped away naturally without having to do it manually. Stainless steel guide rollers and tracks are also available for corrosive environments.
- Economical: The modern linear roller guides are simple to design and install. They are also easy to maintain. Roller guides are easily available at a low cost, and you can easily solve many issues with these guides and save your future cost.
Advantages of Using Roller Guides
- Unlike other designs and systems, roller guides excel in contaminated environment. Due to the wiping action of the roller, any debris formed between the track and roller guide, is naturally swept. So, there is no manual work to put in here or to break your head over maintain or cleaning them.
- The bearings are sealed and it keep away contaminates from the ball bearing component. It works like magic!
- Their cost is typically very economical and affordable. The ease of installation is another factor that contributes to the economy of roller guides.
Different Kinds of Roller Guides and Their Working Nature
There are various kinds of glides to suit particular needs. You can find fishing roller guides, drawer guides etc. However the key is to understand which one you are exactly looking for and what the purpose is. There are heavy duty roller guides, which are ideal for big game trolling and deep water rods. It also has colors of black, black gold and chrome.
- Then there are regular rollers guides that are ideal for deep water live bait and blue water trolling. They also come in colors of black, black gold and chrome.
- The next of the kind is the heavy-duty roller guides. The rollers and bearings here are extra-large and also tough. There is Teflon coating over the bearings to last longer and to enable lubrication. They also come in colors of black, black gold and chrome. The oversized bearings enable better grip and also strengthen it.
So now you can choose the roller guide according to your requirement, and always choose the best quality materials for your own use.