The market of second hand or used vehicles is definitely a big one; no matter which part of the world we take into consideration. Selling your old car, truck, or other vehicle can be a good reason to bring in a new one. But, before you think about selling your existing vehicle to someone, it is vital to confirm the validity of its roadworthy certificate.
For those who do not know, this is a certificate which is issued for used vehicles. The certificate ensures that the used vehicle is in good condition from performance as well as safety aspect. So, this certificate certainly provides a lot of confidence to the buyer of the used vehicle. Therefore, if you want to sell your vehicle in a hassle free and quick way, then you certainly have to obtain a certificate of roadworthiness.
More About the Roadworthy Certificate
Before issuing the certificate, a thorough inspection of the vehicle is carried out by the inspection team. Each and every major component is checked by the professionals to ensure the vehicle is safe to be driven and is also capable of carrying load. Below are the parts that come under the inspection process:
- Braking, suspension, and steering systems
- Wheels and tyres
- Reflectors and lamps
- Windscreen, the wipers and the washers
- The major components of the engine
- Fuel tank
- Seats, belts, airbags
- The chassis
So, as an owner of the vehicle, it is your task to make sure the above mentioned components are in good condition. In this way, you will able to obtain the certification in an easier way. Once you obtain the certification, you will be able to quote a decent price for your vehicle to potential buyers. Below-mentioned are some tips related to the road-worthiness test.
Tips for Obtaining Roadworthy Certification Easily
The license operators hold the power when it comes to providing the certification for road worthiness.
- In most parts of the world, the validity of this certificate remains around 60 days.
- Engine and braking system are the two main components you need to focus on. So, before you apply for this certification and take your car through the test, it would be better to get the engine and braking system thoroughly checked by an experienced and trustworthy car mechanic.
- Try to replace the old and exhausted components of the engine and the braking system in order to enhance the overall performance and safety aspect of the vehicle.
- As a matter of fact, a certain amount of fee is charged by the inspection agency, and the amount depends on various factors, such as the present condition of the vehicle, its age, etc. Hence, it is better to revamp your vehicle a little before making it go through the inspection process.
- In case your vehicle fails to obtain a certificate, there is no need to panic. You may be provided some time in order to improvise the present condition of the vehicle. The time period usually remains around a week.
The best way is to take good care of your vehicle on regular basis. You must get your vehicle serviced by experienced mechanics from time to time. In this way, you will be able to keep it in good condition and obtain the certificate in an easier manner.