If you are looking for an aesthetic as well as safe way to protect your home from intruders and to ensure privacy in your property, roller shutters are the best option. These are very effective to keep your home, family, and property safe and also help in keeping your home secure when you are away on holiday. However, when it comes to roller shutters, there are several different types which can be chosen from. Different varieties are available for windows, doors, garages, shops etc. Earlier, manual roller shutters were the only option available where it had to be opened and closed by hand. Nowadays, several electronic types are available which can be operated through a lever and also remotely through the press of a button.
Here is some of the popular range of roller shutters online prices that can help you make the right choice:
Roller Shutters Made Of Different Materials
The design of roller shutters might differ slightly depending on the material it is made of. Given below are some of the popular materials used to make roller shutters:
- Aluminium is a light metal which is popularly used to make roller shutters. This is generally preferred for manually operated shutters as it is easy to lift and can be operated by almost anyone. You will also find electric roller shutters made of aluminium. This metal gives a great look to the roller shutters and is considered to be one of the aesthetically superior options. Aluminium is lighter, but not as strong as steel.
- For better safety and security, steel roller shutters are the next best option. These are widely used in commercial buildings and shops and might even be seen in residential complexes. Steel gives a great look to the roller shutters and adds to the value of the house or office. Buildings that have good quality preinstalled roller shutters bring better profits on selling.
- If security is of paramount importance and aluminium or steel doesn’t seem to be suitable, perhaps iron will fulfil your requirements. As can be expected, these are significantly heavier than the other two types and thus provide better security. This is why they are generally used in high profile shops or buildings that demand superior security. However, manual roller shutters made of iron will be tough to operate. This is why electronic versions are preferred.
Some Roller Shutter Designs and Their Applications
Apart from the different types of materials used to make roller shutters, there are several other types and designs of these security shutters. Some of them have been described below:
- The most common type of roller shutters that you will find in the market is the manual ones, which are also known as the push and pull roller shutters. These are simple in their mechanism, low on maintenance, and highly durable. These are the generally used to secure doors and windows in residential structures.
- Apart from the traditional roller shutters, grill shutters are also available. These are made from 8-mm steel bars placed in a grid pattern. Store windows and showrooms use this to maintain security as well as allow ventilation and air circulation. These are available in push and pull as well as motorized versions. Perforated roller shutters have also become popular now.
Therefore, these are some of the best types of roller shutters in the market today. In order to make sure that you pick the right type, consider the above-mentioned elements such as materials, designs, types, methods of operation, and application. Online research on range of roller shutters online prices must be done in order to make sure that you find the most suitable design in your price range.