This system refers to the collection of data through different transmission terminals and outputting of the structured and processed results to the different remote networks. Various types of data and communication systems are widespread and each evolved with a more improved communication technique with better and feasible features and characteristics. The components of data and communication system work and serve as a compatible form in a union to serve a single purpose.
Components of a Data and Communication System
- Message: An information in the form of numerals, text, symbols, pictures, sounds, or any combination of all these which is to be communicated.
- Sender: A source from which the data is being generated and passed on.
- Receiver: The device or network that receives the information. The sending and receiving source distance depends on the network types they rely on.
- Medium: The pathway through which the data is transferred is known as the medium of a communication system that varies like the laser, microwaves, radio waves, cable wired, etc.
- Protocol: These are certain governing rules to be followed by both sender and receiver of particular information.
There are Various Communication System Tasks Comprise of the Following:
- Sequencing of the Information: It refers to the division of information into a fixed and equal size using adequate measures to avoid duplication or loss of data that belong to the same information.
- Routing of the Data: It is the pathway through which efficient transfer of data is made possible between two networks.
- Formatting of the Information: Proper grouping of the formatted data.
- Flow control: It’s a protocol, which make sure to avoid a faster data transfer to a slow end of receiving level through proper communication channels.
- Detection and correction of Mistakes: Prevents potential risk of delivery of false data to the destination.
- Data Security: This prevents unauthorized users from accessing the data by providing the information adequate privacy and security.
- Logroll: It is specially designed to know the total number of jobs and data and communication tasks used by various users through different networks.
Types of Data and Communication
The main classification of the data and communication system is divided into two, local and remote.
When the source of transfer of data is restricted within a specified area, it is termed as local. Whereas, when the transfer of data occurs between two distant apart networks, it is known as remote.
Efficacy of Data and Communication
The effectiveness and appropriateness of data and communication system rely majorly on three grounds:
- Proper delivery
The effectiveness of a data and communication depends upon the efficiency of the network. An effective network should fulfill the main criteria such as performance, security, and reliability, which depends on multiple factors. Such as, the number of users involved in a data and communication, the medium through which it is communicated, other linked hardware, and software potential. The network must also be efficient enough to protect the data from other unauthorized access and other programmed viruses.
A protocol is set illustrating the basic rules to be followed by both sender and receiver while a data is being communicated through various channels of communication. The key elements that a protocol comprises of are:
- When the information is to be sent
- The pace in which the data to be sent
The various types of networks such as LAN, WAN, MAN are the technologies that are designed in an updated manner to serve the purpose of the communication system.
In our modern communication system, various modes that fulfill our requirements avoiding errors in the transmitted information by increasing the accuracy. Along with the usage of more codes and texts are designed using wide frequency range is updated day by day.