A blocked drain can be a huge problem to any building manager or home owner. When there are choked drains in the buildings, the water in the basins and baths drains sluggishly. The water in the toilet might be blocked even when flushed and there may be a runoff in the channel. One can also get a filthy smell that comes from the drains as the water gets stuck. The services of a skilled plumber come within reach once there are drains that are congested.
Blocked sewer services include tasks such as cleaning of the drains by diagnosing the root cause of the problem and by fixing it. Listed below are some of the reasons due to which the sewer line can get blocked.
- It can be caused due to baby diapers, oil and grease, cat litter, hair, starch and other types of foreign bodies.
- The roots of the trees can clog the sewers by getting inside the pipes.
- With age, the pipes can get corroded, break open and prevent the water from going away
- Various types of illegal drainage system often connect to the sanitary sewer and clog the pipe.
Once the drain has been blocked; one does not have any other option left apart from contacting blocked sewer services companies. These companies use the latest cleaning equipment to clean the drain such as:
- Drain Cleaning Mitt/ Gloves
- Coupling Pin Key
- Penetrating Drain Cleaner Nozzle
- Drain cleaning cables, cutters and augers
- Drain guns and kits
- Water jetters
All these equipment are used for ease of cleaning the drain and to maintain the basic hygiene and cleanliness. Another important technology used by plumbers is the video pipe inspection which prevents the plumbers from digging the hole to find out the exact location of problem. Moreover, these advanced tools and techniques help in getting the work done within time.
Apart from getting the blocked drains cleaned, the blocked sewer services companies also offer simple tips to the clients regarding how to prevent drainage or sewer blocking.
Tips on How to Prevent Sewer Blockage:
- Use the drain cleaning product at least once in a month to maintain free flow system by breaking down oils, fats and grease and by eliminating the foul odor.
- Change the older sewer lines with new ones that are much wider in diameter and prevent blockages.
- Plant a tree away from the sewage line root infestation.
- Never through away food matters such as the peels of banana, potato, garlic, ginger or onion or herbs like celery in the drain and this assists in process of clogging.
- Prevent disposing grease, oil and starchy substances in the drain.
- Do not flush condoms, diapers, baby wipes, paper towels dental floss and female sanitary napkins through the drain.
- Get regular cleaning and maintenance done as this helps the sewer from getting clogged and prevents backflow.
- Install a backwater valve to prevent flooding in the basement.
All these tips help in preventing the drainage from getting blocked or clogged.
In case even after following these tips; if the sewer has clogged; then one should immediately contact blocked sewer services companies. However, remember to do a background check before hiring one to ensure that the right plumber is hired who will give value for the money. Therefore, choose a plumber who is skilled, experienced and licensed.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that one should hire the reliable and professional blocked sewer services company in case of sewer line blockage or clogging of drains.