A fire hose is a heavy tool that is used for fire extinguishing processes. Water pipes are directly aimed at the fire with full force, effectively dousing the fire. One fire hose differs from the other in terms of the pressure and the force required. Fire hoses come with metal fasteners at both ends which control water pressure. They also consist of many outer metal rings to keep out any vacuum from within the pipe. The fire hoses are quite long and can be used in multistoried buildings. Professional fire hose suppliers and manufacturers design these products keeping in mind different requirements for different situations.
Consider the following questions to ask fire hose suppliers and manufacturers before actually buying their products.
- For how long are they supplying these kinds of products? The longer the period of time, the better their products would be.
- How many kinds of fire hoses do they sell?
- Are they are certified in supplying fire hoses. Remember, an authentic manufacturer and supplier of any product will always be certified to do so.
- What is their process of ensuring the quality of the fire hoses they are selling?
- Check out a variety of types of fire hoses available with them and ask for the difference in each one’s quality.
- Ask about the cost of the hoses. If you are buying the fire hoses online, ask about the shipping charges and the time within which it will be delivered.
- Do they provide any replacement warranty?
Fire Hose Manufacturers and Suppliers produce various kinds of fire hoses. All are made to match different purposes and some of these are elaborated below:
- The Attack Hose: This is the most common type of fire hose. It is used when the fireman has to pour a large amount of water at a single point of time with force. The diameter of the pipe is minimal whereas the length is the maximum.
- The Supply Hose: This one is comparatively larger in diameter and is used to transfer water from one pumping station to the other. It is used to transfer a huge amount of water in a very short time.
- Forestry Hose: As the name suggests, this is used in case of forest fires. Since they are used to put out a large scale fire, these hoses are usually very flexible in nature.
- Suction Hose: A suction hose is used when water needs to be pumped out in low pressure from sources like a river or pond. The hose is usually made of rubber.
- Booster Hose: This hose to put out small fires and it pumps out a large amount of water at once. It is also used to pump out a large amount of water at once so that the fire is controlled fast. It stops spreading of fire in a small area.
- Online Options: You can also buy these fire hoses online from reputed fire hose suppliers and manufacturers after browsing through various choices. The option of consulting with the manufacturers and the suppliers is also available on some portals. These sites also provide information about firefighting professionals.
Before buying fire hoses, make sure of the durability of the pipes and the material used. The hoses must be tested for various situations, otherwise, given the urgent situations that fire hoses are used for, one small fault in the manufacturing process can cause a huge blunder. Taking a note of the material that went in the making of the fire hoses is important. There are no lack of fire hose suppliers and manufacturers in the market. But you need to choose carefully. A certified company is a must.