Quality double glazing doors refer to double or triple layered doors separated by a layer of vacuum or any kind of gas. It acts as an insulator and it prevents the heat to be transferred to other rooms in the buildings. Thus, it keeps the room warm and also free from insects and dust. Tempered or laminated glass is usually used for this purpose. The panes are separated by spacers. Spacers are made up of durable fiber and metal. The spacer helps in reducing the sounds in areas where external noise reduction is necessary. Sometimes, due to heat conduction by the metal spacers moisture or water gets formed in the panes. It occurs where the temperature difference between the indoors and outdoors is too high. The spacers do contain desiccant that does not allow the moisture to settle.
Types of Glazing Doors
There are several types of quality double glazing doors that are available in the market. Choosing the one suited according to the need and budget is very essential. The several kinds of doors available are as follows.
- uPVC or Steel enforced: These doors are available in a wide range of colors and design, can be easily cleaned and are quite cheap. There are high thermal properties and keep the rooms quite warm.
- Timber Doors: Timber glazing doors give a traditional look to the building and are slightly expensive. Generally, the price depends on the texture and finish. They are also available in several colors and styles and exhibit thermal property.
- Aluminium Doors: They are also a slight expensive though they are quite durable. These are easily available and manufactured in all sizes and colors. Their thermal properties are a slight lesser than the timber or steel ones.
- uPVC and aluminium Doors: The combination of uPVC and aluminum doors can provide the perfect blend of thermal properties as well as durability. The blend of steel and aluminum is quite economical and can be maintained easily. They also give an elegant look to the doors.
- Timber and aluminium Doors: This combination increases the durability of the doors and minimizes need for cleaning and maintenance. The aluminum is used in the exterior surface thus protecting the timber from any kind of exposure to the outside weather.
- Glazing Options: Glazing to the doors increases thermal insulation and reduces exposure to the external noises or sunlight. It also increases the safety and security of the doors. The privacy of the rooms can be increased by the use of patterned glass.
Advantages of Glazing Doors
Quality double glazing doors have become one of the essential items in cold countries especially in the chilling winter days. The several advantages of glazing doors are as follows.
- Low maintenance: These doors require very little or no maintenance. Rubbing the doors once in a while with soapy water should be enough.
- Long lasting: These doors are not damaged easily and these last for a long time. The doors are resistant to dust, insects, pollens or debris.
- Durable: These are highly durable and do not get affected by UV rays or salt corrosion especially in the coastal areas.
- Soundproof: The doors reduce the sound almost up to almost 80%. This creates a much peaceful indoor environment.
- Secure: The doors have several locking systems that makes the indoors completely secure.
- Insulation: They keep the indoors completely insulated by trapping the outdoor air in the layers of the doors. This keeps the indoor temperature intact and does not get affected by outdoor heat or cold.
- Ventilation: The doors can also be opened when required allowing proper ventilation of air.
- Custom built: The doors are built according to the specifications of the user.