Secondary glazing windows refers to the installation of supplementary glazing on the inner side of the glazed window. Secondary glazing is very easy to install, due to which it has become popular among homeowners these days. It helps in preventing condensation and is very easily removable. The best part is that this type of glazing does not require any planning permission, even if it’s done on buildings.
All those people who are unaware of the benefits of secondary glazing and are looking for the best secondary glazing supplier should read further.
Why Hire Secondary Glazing Suppliers
- Reduces noise- It has been that in many offices and homes, people remain annoyed with the noises of planes, airports, road traffic and other disturbances. To resolve the same, the best way is to block this noise through secondary glazed windows. It happens due to the fact that the secondary glazing makes use of two pieces of glass unlike the double glazing that uses sealed gas unit of around 28 mm apart. Basically, this method uses 6.4 mm of laminated glass, which is fitted ta a distance from the window glass. It is known that secondary glazing reduces noise by about 40 decibels.
- Better Thermal Efficiency- The secondary glazed windows are used to cut on the heat loss. In the cold regions, people prefer these types of window treatments in order to prevent escaping of warm air from inside to outside. Since these windows are air tight, this 4mm window eliminates the heat loss completely.
- Boosts Security- No doubt, the secondary glazed windows offer an extra barrier. Since it is very strong and made up of high quality of material, an intruder cannot break in very easily. This means that these windows will deter the intruders and will keep you safe inside your home at all times. However, the homeowners must plan to use toughened or laminated glass while installing the secondary glazed windows to improve the home security.
If you are now convinced to have these secondary glazed windows at your place but are looking for the best supplier for it, go on reading the following-
Tips to Choose the Best Secondary Glazing Suppliers
- Experienced Representatives- The company representatives that visit your home to take the measurements of your doors and windows must be experienced. The point is that the person should be knowledgeable and experienced enough to guide you about the same. He should be able to give you appropriate advice on design, estimated cost, tips for maintenance, fire escapes and finishing of the secondary glazed windows.
- Cost against value- Of course, you must get the services worth the cost you are paying for it. For instance, if you are paying for the highest quality of secondary glazed windows then you must get the desired service. In addition to this, the homeowners must keep an eye on the product specifications before actually placing the order for it.
- After sales service- It is very important to ensure whether the secondary glazing suppliers are offering the after sales service or not. The company should look after your windows all throughout the guarantee period. In case, the supplier makes delays in resolving any issue by making excuses then you must give him a real grill.
Besides these factors, you must enquire about the reputation and quality of products offered by the secondary glazing suppliers that you have shortlisted. You can read the custom reviews, ask references from your known ones and compare the prices of different suppliers to make an informed decision.