Automobiles are essential for people as they help in commuting. In today’s time it is impossible to imagine our existence without owning one. Car, auto, bus, bike and other modes of transport have become the life line of every country. Like any other machine, they too require good maintenance for their proper functioning. A Car mechanic often known as a motor mechanic specializes in diagnosing and fixing faulty automobiles. While repairing cars, their primary role is to help diagnose the exact problem swiftly and accurately. A Mechanic’s job involves repairing any specific part or sometimes even replacement of one or more faulty parts.
One of the most integral part of any mechanic’s job is vehicle maintenance. But people usually consult these professionals when their car is already showing signs of a defect. The main aim behind consulting these mechanics is to prevent repeated glitches in the vehicle and to avoid recurring damages. Timely consultation with these mechanics ensures that the automobile parts are replaced before problem is observed.
Different types of Car Repairing by Mechanics-
- Brake replacement as well as upgradation options- Due to daily operations and wear and tear, a car may require brake replacement. In order to avoid road accidents and other life threatening mishaps, one needs to replace car brakes at regular intervals. Car servicing ensures that all parts are in good condition and working properly. Brake rotors as well as pads need to be safeguarded.
- Fixing rock chip- It can be a task for an ordinary man to fix rock chips on a car. Car mechanics have full knowledge and expertise in fixing rock chips. They follow a step by step procedure to place it quickly and repair the car in a short duration.
- Polishing car paint- It takes a professional to polish or paint a car and increase its shine and depth. Mechanics can facilitate car paint impeccably. They are well trained and have sufficient knowledge to enable car polishing. This helps in erasing dents and scratches from the car and makes it look fresh and new.
Pros and cons related to Car Mechanics-
- The potential to earn in the job is high. The job of a car mechanic offers sound earning potentials. People who have opted for car mechanics as their career are now earning good salaries. People who operate their own service centre are earning significantly more.
- It offers career stability. People who choose auto repairing as their career have gained stability and consistency. As cars are the primary means transportation for most companies as well as individuals, the need for professionals or experts to quickly and efficiently repair these cars is huge. There has been a constant demand for professionals in these fields. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports almost seventeen percent career growth for car mechanics. The most advantageous thing about choosing this field is that one can have a self-owned service or repair center.
- One of the drawbacks of this career is irregular working hours. While working as a car mechanic one can face the difficulty of irregular working hours. Shops may be open on weekends and during late hours of the day. It can lead to an imbalance between work and life. In case one owns a shop then one needs to manage finances, marketing and operations all by oneself.
- There can be uncomfortable conditions while working. Car repairs require hard work and a mechanic has to work with grease or oil most of the time. Staying in the dark with uncomfortable climatic condition can be a task.