If you require extra living space but do not want to move house, home extension is an excellent approach that you can opt for. However, this is only possible if the place that you are living in is your own property. The extension can be a store room or a playroom for your children. You can also opt for a kitchen extension or a study room. There are innumerable possibilities with extensions; however, the size of the room depends on your budget and the style will depend on your imagination. Nevertheless, the fact remains that you can design and imagine what your home extension will look like but you will not be able to construct it all by yourself. Thus, you must hire home extensions builders.
Tasks Performed By the Builders
The job of home extensions builders is to ensure building proper home extensions for you. To meet this end, the builders do the following:
- First the extension builders will analyze the size of your property and the extra space that you might have in the same. This will help them to determine the size of extra room they can build.
- After the builders are done analyzing the size of the space available in your property, they will ask you what type of room you want. Depending on your need, the builders will show you a few designs. You can either agree on their designs or inform them about your own personal imagination so that they can start working on it.
- Before the extension builders begin their work, they will give you with an agreement document that will comprise of the time limit, the number of labor and the breakup of the charges that they are likely to collect from you once they are done with the work. However, before signing the agreement you must ensure reading every word printed on it to avoid any confusion in the future.
Things Taken Into Consideration
Before getting to work, the home extensions builders take few important things into account. They are:
- Checking the walls of your property to see if the part where the extension is going to take place requires any renovation.
- Checking the extra area of your property like the garden or the lawn to gain knowledge about the types of plants growing in it and how many of the same have to be protected during the process of extension.
- Checking the ceiling level or height of the other rooms in your home as it is in accordance to this that the ceiling of the extension will be made.
- Checking the size of the other rooms in your house to find out the extra space in your property will be enough to create room of the size similar to or bigger than the other rooms.
Things You Must Know
There are some points that you need to know about home extensions builders. These points will help you to develop a trust in them and their work.
- First and foremost, the extensions builders come from legal extension building companies. Thus, they are customer-centric and they will not cheat you.
- Second, all the extension builders are people that have received proper education and training in extension building. Thus, the builders visiting your home for work are professionals and they will provide you a high quality service.
- The extension builders will also give you a guarantee and warrantee document of the work done by them.
- Last of all, the only time that the builders will take money from you are during the time of their payment. They will not ask you for payments of any sort while working on the project.