Pipe connectors are one of the best options to treat the leakage issues associated with any premises. These connectors are manufactured in a wide range of metals, shapes and size because pre-installed pipes and new piping requirement are of various shapes and sizes, and to treat the leakage it requires the relevant sort of connectors with exact dimensions, to cover up the leakage effectively. Thus, various companies manufacture flexible pipe connectors which can be easily applied with more than one shape and size of leakage points by applying the little amount of alteration to such connectors.
- Instead of treating leakages pipe connectors are also used for various purposes like to redirect the flow of water, change the direction of water flow, connecting two pipes together or even for connecting two different sizes of pipes into one length.
- These connectors come in made of different materials which gives the options to the user for connection purposes.
- Connectors can be of brass, aluminum, PVC, malleable and of copper materials. Each type of connector is designed to resolve the need of a specific type. If you want to use the flexible pipe connectors, then you can call in the professional plumbers for your home and office, who can usually work well with these easy to install connectors that can be utilized for regular domestic use.
5 Different Types of Connectors
There are various shapes and sizes of connectors each is meant to solve the particular sort of piping issue. Some of the prominent and frequently used types of fittings can be enumerated as below:
- Adapter: It is basically used to extend the length of the pipe by adjoining a new length. The Adapter is used as a common sort of connector to extend the ordinary and earthen pipelines. This variety of connectors is available in different types of metal and this enhances not just the longevity of the pipeline but it also increases the regular flow of water into and from the pipes.
- Couplings: Coupling is used for the purpose of change in pipe size and extending the length of pipes as well. Coupling is applied between two different sizes of pipe lengths as it comes with various sizes of openings. Couplings have two different sizes of mouth opening which is used to fix the pipes of corresponding dimensions.
- Flanges: Flanges are used to connect the heavy pipes. It specially used in industrial fittings. Flanges are used in a couple, through which pipes were inserted to pass in a definite line and then flanges were fixed with the help of bolts or by the process of welding.
- Tees: Tees are meant to be used for the purpose of distributing supply of water coming from the single supply. It is shaped as T letter, after which it is named. A Main line of water supply is required to connect at the one end so that it can pass the water to the couple of other perpendicularly lying ends, which finally spreads the water flow in two different directions.
- Elbows: Used to change the flow of water. It comes in the shape of ninety degrees to forty five degree folds. This accessory is also used much in case of commercial plumbing instances when you need large scale installations for the piping to work well.
Though, there are various other sorts of piping connectors other than these above mentioned accessories. Connectors like nipples, crosses, saddle tees, wyes, bushings and caps are some other prominent names in the list. All these connectors come in various metal options which are primarily used in piping industry, such as, copper, malleable, PVC, brass and steel. All these are very durable and cost effective in nature and that is why, easy to afford as well.