In order to test the utility of the fire hose, proper testing and maintenance of the hose is always necessary. You can install the fire hoses for both domestic or for professional purposes, in your home or in your office, but the testing procedures and the results are a fine guideline about how you can go along with the entire testing mechanism, and use the fire hose for any emergency situation.
- There have been several guidelines that are laid down the National Fire Protection Agencies in almost all the countries, and they have accordingly maintained some procedures in fire hose testing that can be considered suitable if you want to buy any standard fire hose.
- The hose needs to be not more than 300 feet in length, it should be flexible and it should have space to be elongated and kept straight as and when required.
Top 5 General Operating and Testing Guidelines for the Fire Hoses:
- All the fire hose testing shall include supply hoses, fire reels, reels, hose bundles and pre-connects and supply beds.
- When a firefighting hose is launched into the market, then it should have a specific identification number and the couplings and the joints will also be tested before and after manufacturing, so that any damaged or slippery coupling can be avoided.
- It is the unique responsibility of the consumer department to supply an apparatus operator for the entire duration that the fire hose testing is carried on. Before and after the machine is transported to each operation site, the condition of the fire hose testing machines must be checked to make sure that there are no unforeseen circumstances.
- In case of any leakage, the testing machine shall not be reused for fire hose testing until and unless the damage is repaired or else, a new machine has arranged for.
- The test cap valve should be measured and checked thoroughly. If the fire hose testing professionals give an all clear and safe signal, then only it is considered that the fire hose testing process is complete. Checking the safety valves, the qualification of the testing personnel, understanding the pressure that the hose can withstand and knowing about the quality of the fabric that is used in the hose, are essential factors to understand when fire hose testing is being conducted.
Why Fire Hose Testing is Considered to be Important?
The most important fact why a fire hose testing is essential is that, proper testing and regular maintenance can help one to avoid any unforeseen accidents or fire hazards:
- Fire hose testing enhances the mobility of the hose, and it ensures that the hose can be operated even under fire emergency situation. You should always contact with branded and certified companies who can conduct the fire hose testing services, because they have all the updated versions of fire testing apparatus with them. The electric hose testers are also a great option when it comes to choosing the hose testing solutions.
- If the firefighting hose is tested on regular occasions, then it does not suffer from wear and tear, and the quality of the hose also remains intact. It is more cost-saving when you regularly go for fire hose testing and if you consult with the professional firefighting professionals and testers they can also give you the best suggestions for the testing and easy maintenance of the fire hose.
There are many online portals available which can be contacted for effective fire hose testing solutions. Know about the credentials of the testers and the type of equipments that they use for fire fighting, before you assign them the task of fire hose testing.