With the increased amount of high rise residential buildings and commercial apartments, now it is more than important to have smooth running lifts. It is considered to be a major requirement for a purchase decision of a commercial space or a flat. However, you need to make sure that the lift is maintained properly and timely care is taken so that your life and your loved ones life is safe. Below mentioned are particular things that you can expect from your lift maintenance services.
- One of the first things that they take care of is that how it runs the lift and how is it starting and stopping.
- They check the operation of all the gates or doors and confirm if there is any problem in the operation and repair it.
- In order to make sure that the operations are correct they check the auto dialers and alarms.
- If required they also lubricate the running gears and the guides. In order to make sure that there is a need for this to be done, the professionals make sure to run the required tests and then they initiate the process of lubricating.
- The check the oil levels.
- They carefully check the things that require attention and then complete the scheduled test.
The areas that are checked in the lift maintenance services are as follow.
- Shaft equipments
- Landing doors
- Control circuits
- Main sheave
- Floor selector
- Driving mechanisms
- Secondary diverters
- Safety devices
- Over speed devices
- Brake unit
- Sundry items
The lift is a lifeline for the people using it in the apartments and commercial complexes and so it needs proper care and maintenance to make sure that the people are safe and they are able to commute in a smooth manner.
Things that you need to look in Lift Maintenance Services
The lift maintenance services that you hire should be properly licensed and certified by the authority to carry out the maintenance and repair work. The team that they have should be certified in their expertise and licensed to carry out the work should be there with them. If you hire a company for a long term, it is best to note down their level of service expertise and also to ensure that they provide you consistent level of service. In order to take care of this area, it is recommend to carefully going through the service level agreement and then once you are satisfied with their service level you sign on the dotted lines. It is also important to carefully consider their service over a period of time, you can check the kind of services that they offer and if they are sticking to the service level agreement. Any negligence on their part can be fatal to the safety of the commuters and so it is important to make sure that this is taken well care of.
If you are looking for new services then you need to consider their past experience, their level of service with the past clients and also their reputation in the market. You will need to do a lot of asking around in order to find out if they measure up according to your standard but it is all worthwhile in the end because you are able to ensure the safety of the commuters. One of the best ways to start your search would be online as there are many options available these days, so all that you need to do is to contact them for their quote and then you can make the right decision.