When it comes to our homes, we pay special attention to every corner of it. A home is the place where we find ultimate peace. Our home is reflection of our true self. The way we decorate our homes and maintain it speaks a lot about us. Home is the place where we look forward to spending quality time with our family after a hard day at work. Our home gives us comfort and protects us from the outside world. Just as our home does a lot of things for us, we must also ensure that we give proper care and attention it deserves. We spend a considerable portion of our earnings into building, decorating our home and also to maintain it. But that is not enough. We must also give attention to protecting our home from harsh weather conditions and breaks. You must be thinking about expensive alarm systems and pricey security control mechanisms. Relax; there is no need to spend a fortune. All that you need to do is to get quality external shutters for your home. They do not only look beautiful but they also make your home secured. Still thinking? Start looking for the best external shutters for your home today. And yes, they are very much within your budget limits.
Varieties of External Shutters for Homes
External shutters for home come in several designs, colors, textures and even materials. Let us take a detailed look:
- The first external shutters used wood. Spanish and western cedars, redwood and mahogany were predominantly used. But as the cost of wood went up, it lost its popularity. Wood external shutters require frequent painting and maintenance that further led to the lesser usage.
- Aluminum and stainless steel external shutters are very popular today. They are cost effective, easy to maintain and they look stunning. The anti corrosion and anti dirt features of these metals ensure long life of the external shutters. Thus, once you install them at your home, you can sit back and relax.
- External shutters made of plastic, vinyl or PVC is also quite popularly used, but their visual appeal is nothing compared to the wood and metal shutters. The main reason for its use is low cost and low maintenance.
- Instead of wood, board wood, ply and artificial wood are also used for external shutters. They cost lesser than original wood but bring back the old Victorian appeal.
- External shutters come in a range of colors; it depends on your choice and the color of the exterior walls of your home.
- Louvered shutters that are operable not only look very classy, but they are also very easy to handle. These louvers are manipulated by a tilt rod. The first louvered shutters were fixed and they did not have the tilt rod. They could not be closed from the open position and so it was not that convenient.
- Paneled shutters also look good as far as the external shutters are concerned.
- You can also go for electric roller shutters that are beautiful and very convenient to use.
- If you want to strengthen security, you can connect your alarm system to your external shutters. After all, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Few Useful Tips
- There have been instances where rectangular shutters were fixed on windows and doors with arches. This is a very serious shape error. Always remember that shape of the doors and the windows should match the shape of the shutters.
- It is better not to go for fixed louvered shutters.