The usage of cable ranges from simple cables that are used as internet transmission sources to pulling up heavy weights at construction sites. The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco which is known as the world’s largest suspension bridge also uses high strength cables, to balance and provide safe passage to thousands of people every day. For such a mammoth structure to be safe and reliable, it is important that the right kind of cable holding and protection equipment is used.
What are the Different Types of Cable Holding Equipment’s?
If you are even remotely associated with the civil engineering field or civil construction field, then knowing cable handling equipment is indeed a must. We present to you some equipment that can assist you to make this particular easy.
- Cable Drum Carrier: These equipments are particularly designed to provide strength as well as relatively low resistance in terms of rolling for cable drums. It is seen that the cable drum carriers with lower rolling are used for delicate cables such as fibre optics.
- Cable Thimbles: You will find that most of the cable thimbles are usually suspended from a hook, mostly from cranes. The reason for this is that, they play an important role of assisting the cables of the drum into their specified locations.
Cable Installation Tools that make the work easier for Specialist:
It is not really easy to install cables without proper tools and that is why having the knowledge of basic cable installation tools can take you a long way. They play a pivotal role in deciding how well the cables work as they are the foundation on which you design the cables onto a structure.
- Wire Stripper: One of the basic tools that you can find in most of the household is a wire stripper. This is an instrument that helps you to strip the wire carefully, and helps you separate the electric wires from the electrical insulation. These are usually small and can easily fit in your pocket and can come in handy if you are into the cable business.
- Wire Cutter: Another installation tool which you cannot do without, and should be a must in your tool box is a wire cutter. Shaped more like pliers, they help in cutting wires in strategic areas so as to make sure that the wires are shaped proportionately and correctly.
- Cable Rollers: Primarily used for aerial construct, this is one equipment that is must, if you are engaged in laying of cables in high altitude places. Now you need to strategically place these rollers. For instance, if you want to run the cables straight without making it fall into muddy trenches, then you can use the cable rollers to do so.
These are the mechanical cable entry devices that are responsible in the conjunction of wiring and cables. Generally used across a number of different industries, they are primarily used in the automation industry and electrical instrumentation. In some countries they are also known as fittings or connectors, and here are the various types of materials that can be used in constructing a cable gland.
- Stainless Steel
What are some of the Major Uses of Cable Glands?
Cables glands are often used as a termination and sealing devices because of the design. The reason for this is that they make sure the enclosure where the cable is entered retains its features. Moreover, they have wide applications in the fields of data and telecommunication cables, electric power and control instrumentation.
So these are the different types of cable holding equipment’s. If you want to know more then check this link, you’ll get more ideas.