A sunroom can mean a lot of things to a lot of people, and they may refer to it as the sun-parlor, sun-porch or the sun-lounge. But going by it’s name and functionality it is a room that is built in a part of the house to which it is attached with plenty of windows made of glass or transparent acrylic that allows sunlight to stream in uninhibited. The large windows also allow for a panoramic view of the immediate outdoors while providing shelter from the rain, the wind, and other inclement weather conditions. The basic deigns for sunroom, including the bright, the dark and the pastel shades, can be availed from the catalogues, and you can also customize your sunroom design, with the ideas taken from the internet.
The Basics of the Sunroom
The basic idea behind every sunroom design should be, to utilize the space and the wall color combination, so that the color remains fresh and intact all throughout the year.
- In case you wish to incorporate a rustic look to the desired sunroom, you can use outdoor sunroom ideas like making use of wood and brick to give you the authentic look.
- Any sunroom will have an emphasis on viewing because of which you can do up the major part of the room with glass even from floor to ceiling.
- There are also sunrooms that can have a glass ceiling that is fabricated from a metal or a wooden structure.
- Metals like aluminum and galvanized steel are increasingly becoming a popular choice for the basic fabrication purpose as it has almost zero maintenance cost.
The sunroom offering you enough space to utilize for your daily needs
- The furniture of the room naturally has to be relaxing and comfortable with a lot of cushions and large chairs for comfortable seating and lounging.
- If you have a large room that allows the sunlight in from all possible angles that can make it too hot, it is a good idea to have blinds attached to the windows instead of curtains to provide adequate protection.
- Some people also make use of outdoor sunroom ideas to transform the cozy room into a secondary dining space that is ideal for both resting, as well as enjoying meals at length with friends and families.
You can customize several Innovative Ideas
People make use of innovative ideas to make the best of the sunlight that enters the sun room.
- You can consider using the sunrooms partially as a green room where you can continue to cultivate your hobby and at the same time keep provisions for resting.
- Some sunrooms also have solar panels attached to the so that the sun is able to provide you with energy both during the day as well as at night.
- Keeping provision for heating in the center of a sunroom will allow you to continue to use it even when the weather is no longer warm, and it is starting to get dreary.
- You can also turn a sunroom into a play space for the toddlers with copious and comfortable seating for the grown up to sit and chat too.
On an average, a sunroom is directly attached to a part of the house and not a standalone structure. Present advancements made in structural technology can make a sunroom into an energy efficient room all-round the year. Such builds are economical as well as sturdy such that you need not worry when the weather begins to become inclement. The use of double glazed glass panes is preferred as they are capable of keeping both the extreme heat as well as the winter chill out. This also makes the room energy efficient and suitable for all year use.
These are the above ideas about outdoor sunroom designs. Moreover, if you want to know more and see more designs of sunroom then visit here.