One of the most common health issues faced by elderly citizens is the urinary incontinence. It is a stage when urine is passed involuntarily and it can cause embarrassment to the person and pose hygiene issues. There can be many reasons for urinary incontinence in adults. It is a health issue and people suffering from it should consult a doctor who can advise medicines and other treatment for the same. There are many products available to give temporary relief for patients. This problem is largely seen in older women but there are also cases when young women have complained about it. The urinary incontinence products can be of great help to women who want to lead a normal and dignified life. These products are useful for all women, who stay at home or who go to work. They are comfortable, easy to use and they can absorb urine efficiently, without causing any itching or irritating effects on genital organs.
Different urinary incontinence products available for women
There are many options available as far as urinary incontinence products for women are concerned which include pads, diapers, liners, urinary incontinence underwear, guards, etc. These products are made as per woman’s anatomy and these are comfortable and convenient. They are available in different sizes too. Some of these products are:
- Urinary incontinence pads: They are similar to sanitary napkins but are functionally different. These pads can be used by men and women. There are strips that stick to the inside of the underwear. These are disposable pads and are convenient especially for women.
- Urinary incontinence underwear: These are similar to the usual underwear but they come with a waterproof liner with an attached pad to absorb urine. Two types of such underwear are available, one for day use and the other for overnight. The latter can absorb more urine. They can be washed and reused and are available in different colors. They help keep the skin dry and prevent odor.
- Disposable panties: Similar to usual underwear, they also come in various colors but can be disposed off after single use. Some come with tapes on both sides so that the user can adjust it to her size.
- Plastic pants: These can be worn over regular underwear and are helpful in case of mild urine leaks.
- Protective pads for furniture: These flat pads come in two versions, reusable and disposable. They are useful to protect mattresses and furniture against urine leakage.
The many benefits of urine incontinency products for women
- Discretion for these products work like normal underwear
- Offer comfort without irritation
- Are cost-effective
- Easy availability from pharmaceutical stores or online sites
- Helps lead a normal and dignified life
Sanitary pads do not help women with urinary incontinence
Many women use sanitary napkins for urinary leakage because they are easily available at home. But sanitary pads are not good enough to hold urine leakage because these pads are designed in a way that it can absorb menstrual flow through a permeable layer on the top so that the skin remains dry. These pads are not good enough to absorb urine as the chemical composition and nature of urine and menstrual blood is different.
Urine is potentially more harmful and if one does not take adequate steps to keep the skin dry, there can be more health problems. Urine incontinency products for women are specially made to absorb urine and keep the skin moisture free. These products can limit the pH balance of urine and prevent the breaking down of skin. These products are scientifically designed to absorb maximum urine and do not pose any discomfort. They can be worn with minimum visibility and can help women lead a peaceful, comfortable and hygienic life.
So, these are the products available and their benefits of urinary incontinence nappies for women. For further information you can check this link, you will get more info.