There are many kinds of window coverings but each person has a different taste. Some need style, some need privacy and some search for both. Windows are a crucial addition to a room. Nowadays, blinds are available in decorative shades and styles with which you can decorate your room. These window blinds are eye-catching and these also very easy to maintain.
Things that should be considered before buying blinds
There are certain things that one should keep in mind before buying window blinds:
- Decorating choice of an individual: There are various types of window blinds in the market for you to choose according to your choice. Stylish or comfortable, casual or formal, totally depends upon you. Bold impressive colors can be fun. If your room is decorated in earthy and neutral colors then subtle hues will be a best choice for you. There are sleeker and corded style window blinds, streamline cordless blinds and many more from which you can choose the best one for your room.
- Safety: When you have young children at home then you will need to look after their safety for which you can go for streamlined cordless blinds and shades.
- Budget: There are various window treatments which are quiet expensive. Generally, the price depends upon the size of the window. The larger the size of the window the cost is more. Traditional sizes and specialty patterns, fabrics and features also add up to the cost.
- Privacy and light: How do you want your room to be? Whether you want your room to be cozy and buttoned up or airy and bright it is up to you. You can easily block out the lights of your bedroom or if you desire you can hang up a sheer fabric to allow the sun shine in over your building, all these factors depends upon the fabric and style of your choice.
- Maintenance: The standard window blinds is very easy to clean. But the weaves and textured fabrics hide dirt better, so these can be best cared by professional cleaning or vacuuming.
Different types of blinds
There are different kinds of window blinds in the market with different kinds of control system. A common blind is made up of several vertical and horizontal slats. The blind slats are made up of plastic, wood or metal that is held together by strings. The blinds can be controlled manually or through remote control. Certain window blinds come with shades instead of slats. The blinds consist of all kinds of window coverings shutters, roller blinds, wood blinds and many more.
- Vertical blinds – Vertical blinds are made up of vertical slats. These slats are joined together with a cord that passes through the slats. These slats are made up of different kinds of materials such as aluminum, plastic, faux wood, cellular screen, fabric etc. This type of blind is also known as track blinds are best for large windows and sliding doors.
- Roller blinds – These are the most frequently used blinds found in houses and offices. The slats of this type of blinds are usually made up of plastic. For this reason they are very flexible. You will get varieties of patterns and colors of roller blinds in the market. These blinds can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Pleated blinds – The pleated shades are made up of cloth. It goes up to fold and down to unfold. The edges of the pleated shades do not have rounded folds rather they have pointed edges when not extended.
- Roman blinds – These are shades that are made up of cloth. The cloth moves up and down to fold and unfold. They are available in different patterns and colors. Compared to the other blinds they are not easy to clean but certain styles of Roman blinds are there that can be washed easily in a washing machine.
Hope you get all the points when you buying window blinds for your home. Moreover, visit here to know more and choose the best window blinds.