Stainless steel sinks are of daily use. Although the name itself suggests a shiny concept, yet regular cleaning and maintenance of such sinks become necessary to keep these shining. Hence, it is absolutely necessary to take care of stainless steel sinks. Stainless steel sinks have the tendency to stain. In spite of being scratch-resistant, such sinks have the risk of getting scratches. Soap holders, metal dishes, knives, and other knickknacks of kitchen can cause scratches on such sinks. But at the same time, it goes without saying that stainless steel sinks happen to be extremely durable and there is just no hassle when it comes to taking care. You need to give a few extra minutes to take care of your stainless steel sink. The following tips can help you.
- Once you are done with washing dishes, you need to meticulously rinse the stainless steel sink. In fact, this rinsing task is necessary to remove soaps and other substances that have the potential to make the finish of the stainless steel sink dull.
- You may often use metal pots and pans for your kitchen work. But when you make use of such items, you must remember to clean and remove them quickly so as to avoid any stains in the sink. In fact, the soap dishes made of plastic also have the tendency to leave behind a stain that resembles brown rust.
- You should thoroughly clean your stainless steel sink at least once in seven days. You should use warm water to do this. You should also use a wet sponge and use ample amount of baking soda on it. When you scrub it all over the stainless steel sink, you meticulously pay attention to the areas that have become discolored. Then you use a towel to dry it up.
- You have to be very prompt in removing stains if you find any. Maximum stains can be wiped off either with club soda or with olive oil. In fact, you have to keep a watch on the sink whether it is losing its luster. Whenever you see the shine getting disturbed, you need to polish it up.
You can now use the guidelines given below for making your stainless steel sink shine.
- In the very first step, you need to pour some olive oil on a soft cloth that is dampened. You need to rub away the water spots. This would help to free your sink of stains at the earliest go.
- Interestingly enough, the whitening ingredient found in mouthwash also helps stainless steel sink to shine brightly. There is a simple process that you need to do here. You should pour mouthwash onto a cloth that is wet. Then you have to rinse off mouthwash and then dry up the sink. You would see that your sink begins to shine like a new one.
- Another interesting way to make your stainless steel sink shine is to add hydrogen peroxide to a sponge and then wipe it with that. The stains will be removed with the help of the foam. You have to wipe the sink dry after this.
- If you ever find stains of rust in your stainless steel sink, you can use light fluids for rubbing away those stains. After this rubbing task, you need to wash the sink.
- It may happen that you stainless steel sink has got really tough stains. There are still ways to keep your sink shiny. Baking soda acts as a blessing in disguise. When you mix it with one half of water and make a paste, the mixture becomes very effective. Then you need to take the paste and rub it with a clean towel. When you rinse, you will find your stainless steel sink shining.
Hope this blog help you to how to take care of Stainless Steel Sinks. If you want to know more than let’s go to the details for further information.