LED downlights are used these days as an alternative to conventional lights. These are highly efficient and there are many benefits and advantages of the LED downlights. When you compare the light emitting diodes (LED) and the traditional lighting, or any other energy saving methods of illuminating your homes that are available in the market, you will find out that the LED downlights is a much better option. These are much cheaper than any other energy power saver option and are a much smarter solution for your electricity needs. As mentioned, these have many benefits and some of the advantages are given below:
- It helps in keeping the environment clean and green in an intelligent way.
- LED lights have brought a revolution and through this it helps us in also saving the planet.
- It is the cleanest method of illumination and uses an eco-friendly method to produce stunning light which is usually the digital light.
- It is also a huge leap forward in technology that can be seen as advancement in the digital lights.
- The LED is a digital light as opposed to the conventional “analog” lighting and the benefits are also vast.
- It also has a major benefit as it is a “technology of digital light”.
Uses and applications of LED downlights:
The LED downlights are used for many reasons and at various applications, and many of them are essential and basic. Here is a list of them:
- Firstly, it is used in a modern kitchen so that it looks bright and beautiful.
- Secondly, it is used in the living room for the attraction and to make the interiors look more stunning.
- Thirdly, it is also used in the bathroom to give a much clearer view.
These lights have the following essential features:
- They are versatile and also can be installed anywhere.
- They have a streamlined appearance and also give ample amount of illumination.
- They look attractive and good.
- They can also be used individually to produce a strong lighting, task or even a combination to create a general ambience.
The physical size and brightness of these lights have differences and they vary considerably. These lights range from small models that are decorative and measure about 50mm in the diameter to huge commercial units of about 160 mm onwards.
There are different types of general downlights that are available in the market these days.
- Some of the fixed downlights are non-adjustable and they also direct all the light in a downward direction.
- Global downlights have a very flexible center and also can be tilted in any order to adjust the direct of the beam and also can create a point of focus throughout the complete room.
- The eyeball downlights are just the same as the gimbals, and, however, they have complete control of the beam angle and offer greater control.
- The last type is the washers that have a hinged housing system that can be rotated to a complete 90 degrees for an amazing and incredible “wall washing” effect.
Why LED downlights?
All these downlights have one big disadvantage and that has to do with heat. They might even cause a fire in the attic bedrooms or in the rooms that have proximity to flammable insulation. However the LED downlights are designed in such a way that they do not produce any type of heat and are much safer to use in the proximity of rooms and anywhere.
- LED downlights are the latest and the advanced development in the recessed lighting technology.
- It works longer than any other lighting and is also safe to use it.
- It is also comparatively cheaper than the other downlights.
- It has no disadvantages as compared to the other downlights.
Above as mentioned Advantages and Disadvantages of LED Lights. Get in touch to get more useful information.