The outdoor space of your house is what the world sees at first glance. As the saying goes the first impression is the last impression. Not only does this include thinking about the color scheme of your house but also the scope for maintaining plants or a garden outside, keeping quality and stylish furniture there, building a walkway and paying some attention to the flooring. Stones play an interesting role in decorating outdoor spaces of homes. In fact, there are certain kinds of tiles which are meant to be used outdoors only. Here are some tips which can help you get ideas with doing the flooring of your outdoor space:
- Wooden tiles and planks provide an elegant look to almost any place, especially if it is the outdoors. If you have adequate space in the outdoor portion of your house then keep a separate section covered and make an arrangement for chairs and table where you will also be able to enjoy a meal. When you cover this area with wooden tiles you will be amazed by the classy look that the space will reflect. You can also have wooden pillars on the side and plants hanging from them.
- Mix mosaic and colorful stones for a unique flooring in your front yard. This could be a space between your house, a patch of green and a seating arrangement. You can also ask the builder to keep some space between these stones so that you have an option to grow plants in them and add to the loveliness of it all.
- Concrete pavers are common in hotels and resorts but can also be constructed outside your home. However, you need to have good amount of space in order to make good use of it. Choose bright and single colors such as white to liven up the area even further amidst all the green and colorful flowers. Since pavers are molded, they can be used to create a variety of styles and shapes. They also come in a number of patterns and textures and can lead to European and Urban look. They are also more durable as compared to regular concrete and are more affordable than many other flooring options.
- Stone patios are also an elegant option in order to decorate your outdoor space. In fact, they bring in a feel of holidays and calm with them since they are commonly seen at eco lodges and resorts. Swimming pool patios in stone will keep the area cool and will perfectly match with the surroundings. Choose interesting colors such as sandstone and mix other bright colors such as blue with them for a personalized look. There are a variety of stones which can be used in order to create patios such as flagstone, fieldstone, tumbled stone, and paving stones.
- Willing to contribute to water conservation without compromising on the looks of your outdoor space? Choose artificial grass. The best part of using this is the lack of need for maintenance. It can be perforated to let rain water pass through it and be shifted to another location.
- Brick patios and patterned patios are also a cool way to brighten up the outdoors of your home. Bricks are durable and never go out of style. There are many varieties of bricks such rounded ones, basket weaves, stack board pattern, running bond pattern and so on.
- Rocks and boulders can also be used for a completely unique look. You can create seating areas at different levels in your backyard and place boulders to act as steps in between. However, in order to incorporate this, it is essential that you have enough space outside the planned area.
Above mentioned tips will help you get ideas for your outdoor space. If you want to know more ideas than let’s have a look.