Concrete floors might be one of the most economical and advantageous solutions when building a home or a commercial building. However, they are not very aesthetically pleasing. Having a stamped overlay, or what is known as a decorative concrete resurfacing done on top of your existing layer of concrete can help you to achieve the beauty and aesthetics of brick, slate, natural stone, wood or other decorative floors, without having to actually replace all of your concrete flooring with it.
This form of decorative concrete resurfacing can be applied not only for floors, but also for walls, or any other type of concrete. As the existing concrete layer is not removed, there is much less hassle in achieving this type of look and feel of other aesthetically pleasing materials. This type of resurfacing is popularly done in commercial as well as private buildings to improve the existing, drab look of concrete with more beautiful options. Concrete resurfacing can be done on patio s, driveways, walls, floors, pool decks, walk ways, etc.
Some of The Different Types of Decorative Concrete Resurfacing
- Acid Stain and Acid Etching Resurfacing: The process of applying acid based treatments to concrete for achieving a look similar to leather, wood or stone.
- Concrete Dyes: These dyes can add a variety of colors and patterns to concrete resurfacing.
- Concrete Stamping: It is a process used to achieve patterns, designs and textures on the concrete surface with the help of moulds. Different types of patterns and textures can be stamped on to the surface of the concrete by using concrete stamping method.
- Concrete Engraving: A look similar to bricks or cobblestones can be achieved, most popularly on driveways or path ways of a house. This look is achieved by engraving patterns on to the existing concrete surface. These patterns are then filled with dyes or colors which can help to create beautiful patterns and textures.
What Are Some of The Benefits of Having Your Concrete Floor Resurfaced?
- Resurfaced concrete floors are almost immune to scratches, spills and dirt of any kind! This helps to maintain a breeze for home owners.
- The resurfaced concrete floors are extremely water proof and spill proof. Unlike other types of floors which are vulnerable to spills, stains, scratches and other kinds of damage, these floors require the lowest maintenance of them all.
- For those who want to achieve the wood finish, leather, natural stone or brick finished looks in their homes, you can get this done without having to pay for the actual thing. Concrete resurfacing has several types and options which allow you to achieve your desired looks without having to actually invest in the materials.
- You can also achieve this finish without having to remove your pre-existing concrete layer. Concrete resurfacing for decorative purposes can be achieved by simply stamping, engraving or dyeing a layer on top of your pre-existing layer of concrete. This means there is less hassle for the project.
- Concrete flooring is the most eco-friendly option of flooring that can be chosen. You do not have to opt for more expensive, non eco-friendly materials to make your floors look aesthetically pleasing. Simply getting a decorative concrete resurfacing of your concrete floors can help you to achieve the same look and feel of other flooring materials.
- The resurfaced concrete floors are also slip resistant, making your homes that much child friendly and safe.
- Concrete resurfaced floors also help to keep your house warmer, and sound proof, as concrete by itself has these innate qualities.
Getting your homes resurfaced using decorative concrete can be one of the smartest, eco-friendly and budget friendly options for renovations.